Crafty Projects I've Made During Quarantine

So when I haven't been totally blowing my no buy I've been working to use up some of my craft supplies by way of getting some projects done. First I made masks.  Lots, and lots, and lots of masks. Any proceeds I made from masks were used to buy more supplies to make masks to donate to hospitals and nursing homes. Most of the places I've been donating to have said that they've got enough as of now so I've stopped making them for now unless someone asks me for one.
My dining room was mask central for a few weeks. My husband was not amused.

Some of the masks I made. I think this stack went to FMH

Other than that I've been making a bunch of things for myself and the kids. I made this cute shirt for myself:
Apparently a crappy vanity selfie is the only photo I have of it.

My bestie liked it so much she asked me to make one for her too:

I also made some shorts for the kiddos for summer:

And a cute romper for my daughter:


I've started working on a costume for time travelers day at the Renaissance Fair. I'm not sure if I'll get to use it this year or if I'll have to wait for next year. You'll see more updates on that as it progresses. I'm hoping to get the chemise and bum pad (apparently the correct term for the little padded thing that ties around your waist and makes the back of your dress poofy in 18th century garb) finished this weekend if I have time. The stays and the dress will take longer.
SO MANY PIECES

It'll be my most ambitious project to date so I'm hoping it turns out okay. I've had the materials sitting around for quite some time because I've been too nervous to get started. I have a goal to get 20 projects done during quarantine and right now I'm sitting at ten. If I get the chemise and bum pad finished that'll be 12. I have a Fourth of July dress planned for my daughter and an outfit for my son. We just got put on stage two of Maryland's reopening plan so I've got to get a move on if I want to get these finished before the state opens up completely! I figure I'll call time when we've been fully open for two weeks without experiencing a new outbreak, which the governor says will cause a back up in the opening plan.

As for the blog, I plan to go back to posting on Mondays and Wednesdays starting next week. I found I was running out of financial things to talk about so I think I'll mainly be focusing on my efforts to use up craft supplies, finish projects, and generally declutter the house, along with check-ins on how my no buy is going and any fun, helpful financial things I find along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Low Buy Update