First Friday Destash!

It's time to do my first Friday Destash post! As I mentioned in my previous blog post a couple of my friends and I have decided to declutter one item per week in 2020. We started last week so this week I actually have two items to talk about, but they're a bit similar.

So a couple of years ago maxi dresses were really comfortable and I bought a couple from an online boutique. I can't remember if it was Kiki Larue or Magnolia Boutique but either way I was pretty disappointed when I got them because they were not the quality I paid for at all. They are cheaply constructed with ridiculously thin fabric that you can see straight through if you try to wear it outside on a sunny day, which is pretty much what they're meant for.

I tried to make them work for a while by wearing a slip under them but it seemed to defeat the purpose of a maxi dress since they were meant to be comfortable and easy, a sort of no thought needed wardrobe item. They were also extremely clingy and unflattering due to the aforementioned cheap, thin fabric. I've had them hanging around in my closet for a while and now it's time for them to go.


My first few weeks of these declutter posts will most likely be clothing. I cleaned out my closet last year but it seems a few things that should have gone didn't for whatever reason. In the future, once my no buy is over or if I lose weight and need a couple of new things, I plan to buy better quality items made from better quality materials. It'll cost more in the short term but the pieces will be things I'll actually wear and they'll last much longer than these cheaply made fast fashion items.

See you on Monday with my first Make Up Monday post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause