New Year New Start

So I have to admit I fell off the wagon just a little bit over the holidays. Steam was having a sale and I ended up buying the whole set of Witcher games (they had them on sale for like $15!) and I also bought a notebook to help me track my workouts and a notebook to help me track dinners and groceries. I'm on a new healthy eating kick and I wanted something I could keep notes in regarding the new recipes I've been making.
Pictured: Me being disappointed with Me

BUT! there were also some victories. My new favorite lipstick is part of the Safiya Nygaard and Colour Pop collab (Berry Me in Lipsticks, it's the best berry color ever invented. I'm sure of it.) I wear it just about every time I wear makeup right now. They announced their last restock a couple of weeks ago.

Old me would have bought four of them and kept them around forever just to look at because I'd be afraid of running out of them. New me did not buy any and instead researched some possible dupes for when I run out of my current tube which will probably be after my no buy is over.

I also took my nieces to the mall to Christmas shop for them and I bought ZERO things for myself. I was sorely tempted by two Pink Floyd tee shirts (Interestingly enough they were in two separate juniors stores. Do kids even know who Pink Floyd is? My nieces did not.) as well as a NIN tee shirt.  I bought none of them, they all stayed in store to tempt a future shopper.

I'm not discouraged by my slip but I do want to do a full year of no buying so I'm starting over from January 1st and will continue throughout the entirety of 2020 instead of stopping at my birthday like I had initially planned. I am a work in progress and I will do better. I have not spent any money on unallowable purchases since I got the journals and that was right after Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause