Makeup Monday - Make Believe in Yourself

So I know I've said this before but I have a lot of makeup. I have 20 eye shadow palettes, at least five different foundations, tons of little samples that came with the Ipsy bag and Boxycharm subscriptions I used to get, five blushes, four mascaras, blah, blah, blah. I've decided that I want to wear makeup at least three days a week so that I can use up the products I have, find out if there's anything I don't like and discard those items, see if there's anything that's expired that I can get rid of, generally just to know my collection and eventually get it down to a more reasonable size. Again, this is one of my major areas of overspending and I'd like to have a more reasonable amount of makeup for a woman who barely has time to wear it.

I've made a list of the eye shadow palettes I own and every Monday I'm going to roll my D20 (because I have exactly 20 palettes, how fortuitous!) and use whatever palette the fates choose for me for the whole week. This week I was destined to use the Tarte Make Believe in yourself palette all week. Here's mine:
Behold a palette I just had to have in all of it's barely used glory
There is literally only one matte shade in this palette, everything else is shimmer. So while it's pretty it's also entirely impractical. I've compensated for that by using other palettes as a base and then patting the shimmers from this palette on top of them. Here's what I came up with:
Yes, I only managed to wear makeup twice this week. Also, new hair who dis? Are people still saying that? I don't know what the kids are into these days.
 I think both the looks I did this week turned out pretty good. I do like the shimmer but since this palette is basically all shimmer I don't use it that often. The picture on the right is actually the first look from the week (just in case the longer hair didn't give it away) I used my Too Faced Natural Eyes palette, all the shades from the top row, I think it's the day look. I have the old palette before they re released it. I patted magic on top. For the second look I created a base with my Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Dark Magic palette and then put Marvel over top.

So that's it for the Make Believe in Yourself palette, until it gets picked again by the magical D20 of eye shadow palette choosing (smooth name right there, I'll work on that later). For this week I'll be using my Bad Habit Luna palette. This one is a dupe of the ABH Norvina palette that used to be available on shophush.com but now they're not a thing anymore so it's no longer available. I really like this palette so I'm pretty excited to use it for a week.

I know there's some controversy in the makeup world about dupe palettes but I'm no beauty guru and I feel like as long as you're not using one of the shady knock off palettes that look exactly like the real palette then it's fine, especially since a lot of the people who buy the dupe palettes buy them because they can't afford the "real" one. They were never going to buy that palette anyway so the high end brand isn't out any money. At any rate, see you back here on Wednesday for my financial update post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause