Low Buy Update

 The first week of my no buy was up on Sunday. I meant to post that night but for some reason I also decided I wanted to be Martha Stewart so I made some home made blueberry jam and then made some muffins with it. 

Delicious, yet time consuming.

 

So by the time I finished with all that I didn't have time to write a blog. So I've decided to save all but $30 from every paycheck. I can do whatever I want with that $30 per paycheck except spend it on makeup or fabric, unless it's a small piece of coordinating fabric I need to finish a project. I'll be buying some solid colored flannel to use as a contrasting fabric for a nightgown I'm going to be making my daughter with next week's pay. 

Last week I went to visit my grandmother. I meant to eat lunch before I left but the rolls I bought two days before were already growing mold even though they didn't expire until a week later (thanks Food Lion) so I ended up having to grab something while I was out. I met a friend for lunch Saturday because I haven't seen any of my friends since March and I needed some time away from the house. My total spend for the week was $23.40, not bad! 

I have a feeling that my new plan is going to be far more successful than my old one. I think I was setting myself up for failure by restricting myself too much before. $30 gives me enough money to be able to go out or buy something I want but not enough to blow my whole paycheck every week so I have a little freedom. I've made myself a notebook to track expenditures and savings so I don't forget about purchases. 

This entry was supposed to be about crafting but I didn't have time to do any this weekend. This week I've been putting together some of the patterns I want to use. I'm going to make my son some overalls, a dress for my daughter, and I've got some fabric I want to make a mock-up of my pajamas with before I cut into my Witcher fabric so I'm putting together the pattern for the shorts.

One of the first things I'm saving for is a cutting table for my craft room so I can stop doing this to the dining room table.

So all in all it hasn't been a bad week. So far this week is going well too, but I've still got four more days so I'll let you know if I made it through in Sunday's post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?