Name Change and Current Goings On

 Hi all! Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. We went on a trip to see some of my husband's family, had a death in my family, and honestly I've been a bit embarrassed because my no buy has been going so poorly. I'm thinking a complete no buy is a bit too much for me to be able to stick to, especially considering how stressful things are right now. 

What am I going to do now, you ask? I'm working on a low buy with a friend of mine who has also been trying to spend less money. Our low buy rules are slightly different because she has bills and things to pay like a normal person and I don't right now. I'm giving myself $30 a week to spend on whatever I want. The rest has to be saved for the larger items I'd like to buy (like a cutting table and storage for my craft room, my hair appointments, Christmas presents, etc.) so that I don't have to feel like I'm missing out but I'm still saving the majority of my money.

I figure $30 is good because most things that I want/buy aren't over that. If I go out to lunch with a friend it's not over $30, most of the books that I want aren't $30, if there's something I need to finish a project it most likely won't be over $30 and if it is I can always buy what I need right away and wait on anything over $30. 

Two things I can't buy, fabric and makeup. I did myself the favor of tracking my expenditures last month and by far fabric and makeup were the two biggest spending categories by far. I spent every penny I made last month. Every. Single. Penny. There's no reason why I can't save money right now. 

Truth is, I kind of use spending as therapy and it's exciting to get things in the mail. I think half the urge to buy things is just so I have something to track and look forward to, especially now when, to quote
NIN, every day is exactly the same. I'd like to spend my money more thoughtfully on things I actually need and save money instead of letting it come in and go right back out. My friend and I are going to check in with each other to make sure we're doing okay and sticking with our goals because having someone to be accountable to helps.

So, from now on you can expect updates on what I'm making, how my low buy is going, and any tips and tricks I find or come up with along the way. I'll most likely post on Sundays and Wednesdays from here on out, Sundays for finance things and Wednesdays for crafty things. Now that I don't have to feel guilty every time I spend money I shouldn't have any problems keeping up with it! This weekend I'm planning to work on those Witcher pajamas so I should have some pictures for you on Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Low Buy Update