Tipsy Buying and New Blog Schedule

Hi All! So I've been implementing a new workout/cleaning schedule to keep myself on track and unfortunately that's meant that I haven't had time during the week to blog. I decided today that I'll blog on the weekend from now on while my husband's home. My daughter doesn't let me do anything on the computer when she's awake (she actually closes my laptop!) and I've been using her nap time to write for Textbroker and do transcription. So, you'll be seeing one post from me on Sundays from now on where I'll discuss how my no buy is going, give tips, and let you know what item I've decluttered for the week.
Valentine's Day weekend I had a minor regression. My husband brought home a bottle of wine to go with my Valentine's Day chocolates and I may or may not have had a glass too many. I woke up the next day to discover I had made a purchase while tipsy. What did I buy? Was it the adorable fabric I had my eye on for my daughter with the super cute sea creatures? No. Did I buy some yarn to make myself or one of the kids something lovely? No. Perhaps an eyeshadow palette? No. I bought this:
Behind that star sticker lies a word, that word is F*ck
That my friends is Geralt of Rivia as portrayed by Henry Cavill in Netflix's The Witcher on a tee shirt panel. I do love the show, F*ck is kind of his catchphrase, I don't know why not so sober me thought I needed to have it on a tee shirt. I suppose I'll make it into something comfy I can wear around the house. It is french terry so it'll probably be pretty soft. I've bought fabric from Twisted Needle before and I know it'll be good quality I just wish I had bought something a little more appropriate for a 37 year old mother of two LOL.
I also bought non refundable tickets to my high school reunion, which I can't go to because I have plans that weekend. Not so sober me should have remembered this. Luckily sober and slightly hungover me found a classmate who is going to purchase them from me.
So my friends, let this be a lesson. If your significant other brings you a bottle of wine be sure they also take your phone or else you too may end up with a tee shirt that you'll probably never wear out of the house.
This week I decluttered some old costume jewelry. I forgot to take a picture, but they're an old set of three plastic bangle bracelets that have rhinestones embedded in them. I never liked the noise they made when they click together and these days I rarely wear jewelry. It also fits in with my trying to declutter my fast fashion, lower quality items. When we go out I tend to wear my nicer jewelry because I don't get to wear it very often so I have a lot of costume jewelry that is pretty much just collecting dust, it might as well go to someone who will wear it!
Next week I'll be back with some tips on making lattes and cappuccinos at home. It's really been helping me keep my goal of only having one Starbucks drink per month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause