Makeup Monday - Bad Habit Beauty Luna Palette

Welcome back! It's makeup Monday again and last week I used my Bad Habit Luna palette all week. Here's a photo of the product that used to be on the Bad Habit site:
If I remember correctly, Bad Habit was operated by ShopHush which is now closed. I tried looking on Bad Habit's website but they just have an image stating that they're off working on new things and they'll be back soon. I'm not sure if they're going to be putting out new product at some point, or if this palette will ever be available again but it was a dupe palette for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina palette. I really liked the colors, but I didn't know if I'd use them enough to justify the price tag for the ABH palette so I was happy when this more affordable alternative popped up. for a $10 palette the quality is not bad. Here's what I came up with this week:
I feel like these always come out looking muddy, the eye makeup definitely looked better in person than it does in the photos. Hopefully I'll improve as we go so you don't have to look at eye makeup pictures that basically look the same for the rest of the year. I'm wearing the foundation I decluttered last Friday in the first picture, you can't tell because the photo is small but I swear it's a powdery mess.
I decluttered the foundation in picture two as well, it was the Too Faced Born This Way foundation in the color snow. Too Faced just doesn't seem to have a color that matches my skin tone, this one was the closest and it is way too light. I didn't like the formula either, it stuck to any dry patches of skin I might have had on my face and it generally looked cakey. One day I'll find a foundation that works for me, today is not that day.
The Magical Die of Makeup Picking has spoken and I'll be wearing ColourPop's Just My Luck palette next week. Because it's entirely green I originally bought this palette to create Slytherin inspired makeup looks for Awesome Con and the Renaissance Fair (both the Maryland and Pennsylvania fairs have wizarding weekends!) I also used it when I went as a female Robin Hood to the Pennsylvania Ren Fair last year. So it's come in handy for costume makeup but I don't typically use it on a regular basis. It'll be nice to try it out for daily use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause