Declutter and Crafting for a Cause

Hello out there! This week I've decided to declutter something that isn't an article of clothing. I have lots more clothing items that I can get rid of but I think I'll save some of them for weeks when I can't think of something to declutter. I've decided to get rid of a powder foundation instead.

Pictured: the driest powder foundation of them all
I don't know why the description on the Ulta website says that this blends effortlessly for a flawless airbrushed finish but it made my face look dry as a desert. It also says that it has medium to full coverage but I couldn't get it to cover anything. If I tried to build it up it just started looking more and more dry.

I really wanted to like this because I thought that it would be something easy I could just swipe on when I didn't feel like doing anything else but that isn't happening. I've tried this over primer, on my bare face, over moisturizer, with a hydrating setting spray, you name it and nothing made this look good on me so I'm decluttering it.

On the craft front, I haven't finished a project yet but I'm on track to finish tomorrow so I'm still counting it as a project finished every other week. I'm sure you guys have heard of the fires in Australia and the devastating toll they're taking on the nation's wildlife. I've decided to use some of my acrylic yarn scraps and some cotton jersey fabric to make birds nests and joey pouches for the recovering animals.
Whoever says stripes are slimming speaks lies
This is one of the bird bowls I've started. I hope to get a couple more made and I plan to start cutting and sewing joey pouches tomorrow.  If you're interested in helping by either donating or crafting something please visit the American Rescue Crafters Group on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2192973354331227/ If you can't craft I think they have a Go Fund Me set up for funding shipments. Please answer the group questions and be sure to read all the pinned posts before asking questions. Many of the questions you'll have will be answered with info on those posts. See you back here next week where I'll hopefully be showing you a hat I've made for my niece. I'm planning to get it finished by next weekend.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?