The Financial Diet Review

Hello out there! Sorry to have missed the past couple weeks, things got busy around Thanksgiving and then the kiddos got sick so it's been a bit crazy.  I'm here with the review I promised on The Financial Diet: A Total Beginner's Guide to Getting Good With Money by Chelsea Fagan.

I've watched some of the YouTube videos on The Financial Diet's channel and I have to say I feel like I might've gotten more from them than I got from this book. When it says it's for beginners it really is for beginners. It goes over how to start a budget, saving for retirement, buying a house or renting an apartment, there's a little bit about investing, even some budget minded recipes.
If you're just starting to think about budgeting, finances, and saving for retirement this book is perfect for you but if you've been out there doing it on your own for a while you probably already know most of what's in here. Either way I don't know if I'd recommend buying it, just check and see if your library has a copy. I don't see it being something that you'd need to read more than once. I do like the YouTube videos though, and I've just discovered they also have a blog so I'll probably check that out too.
As for my no buy, I admit I've caved and bought a couple of things. There was a crochet pattern for a baby Yoda that I, rightly as it turned out, knew that Disney would quickly be issuing a take down notice for so I got that to make one for a friend and one for my kids. I also bought some fabric, some of it is for a gift I'll be making a friend but the rest is personal. It was on sale and I do plan to use it with two patterns I already own which fits my goal for using all of my patterns at least once next year but since I had the stipulation that I have to use the fabric I own and not buy new this was not approved spending.
At any rate, I'm trying not to be hard on myself, I knew there would probably be a slip up or two along the way. It's time to brush myself off and keep going. Next week I'll talk about holiday spending and how I've kept on track with that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause