Plans for the New Year

Oh those holidays got me again. Sorry for the delay in posting, now that things aren't so hectic around here I'll be back to normal on the blog. I've got some big plans for the coming year and I can't wait to get to work on them.

So as you all know by now my overspending tends to fall into two categories: craft supplies and makeup. I've decided that I'm going to really throw myself into trying to use up my makeup this year. In order to do this I'm planning to start wearing makeup most days, if not every day. I'm going to pick an eye shadow palette to use every week and each Monday I'll post some pictures of looks I've done the prior week and some updates on how I'm doing with using up my hoard.

I'm planning to do something similar with my craft projects. I plan to finish a project every other week, if not more often, this year. Each Friday I'll update with what projects I've finished as well as how I'm doing with using up my mountain of craft supplies. I plan to start with projects that I've already started and then move on to projects that I have supplies for but haven't started yet. This may very well take me the whole year, which is good considering I'm not supposed to be buying anything aside from staple supplies like thread or interfacing for projects I'm working on. No new fabric, no new patterns, finish the things I have plans for.

Wednesdays will still be updates on my financial things and my progress with my no buy. I also plan to start tallying up the price of the items I would have bought had I not been on a no buy so I can see how much money I've "saved" throughout this process. I'm also in a decluttering challenge with a couple of my friends where we're decluttering one item per week this year and I'll post about the item I'm decluttering each week and my reasoning behind decluttering that item on Wednesdays as well.

As for New Year's resolutions, it's pretty simple, stick with my declutter, and be more productive. I've been pretty lazy in recent months, and I'd like to start doing more around the house and get back into working out (I've worked out three times since Friday, yay me!) and eating healthier. I guess focusing on my financial and physical health are my main concerns for the new year.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve. I'll be back on Wednesday with my financial update and my decluttered item of the week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause