Welcome to my no spend year!


Oh hi there! Let me introduce myself, my name is Desiree, I'm a stay at home mom of two, and I have a bit of a shopping problem. As a stay at home mom I don't bring in a lot of money, I do transcription as a side gig but I like to spend most of my time with the tiny humans I created so I'm not able to work a lot, but I bring in fairly decent money when you consider it's just my extra spending cash. (This is not a dig at working moms, trust me I know you guys work hard and love your kids too. I just know I couldn't have handled working and being a mom. Everybody has their limits and their own reasons for making life choices and that's more than okay!)

Lately I've noticed that I'm not able to save any money, it goes out as quickly as it comes in, and I'd like to nip this habit in the bud. It's not fun when you have a hair appointment, or an outing coming up and you're trying to work as much as possible in the couple of weeks leading up to it to earn as much as you can to cover what you're going to be spending because you couldn't be bothered to save money for it even though you knew you needed to.

In an effort to reduce my stress level and also be more mindful of what I'm bringing into my house (I mean really, who needs a closet full of yarn and fabric?) I've decided to do a no spend year to get myself on track. I'll outline my rules for myself in my next post but for now we'll just say I'm not going to buy things unless they're things I need. Why no spend 37? Because I'm starting now and I just turned 37 recently so for most of this no buy I'll be 37 years old.

In an effort to keep myself accountable, and maybe help others who are also trying to be smarter consumers and save a little money in the process for things that aren't material but are more worthwhile, will cause less stress and more happiness. I know I'm a bit behind on the no spend/declutter train but if you're in the same boat then I hope this helps, even if it's just to know I'm going through it with you! I plan to do weekly updates with my strategies, de cluttering, progress, and more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ongoing Projects

Why Are Fabric Companies Trying Me Right Now?

Declutter and Crafting for a Cause